BOCM -Director of UAM technical services “Segainvex”
Job offer for the Director of UAM technical services (www.uam.es/segainvex). All details should be obtained from attached document .
Summary of the description of the position:
– Three years experience in scientific research support services.
– Leadership, communication and team work capacities.
– Experience in design of scientific instrumentation.
– Proficient in English.
Work to be carried out:
– Supervision, organization and decision making at SEGAINVEX. Coordination between sections and working groups.
– Design, construction and consulting of advanced scientific instrumentation, including structural support systems, high pressure equipment, vacuum and ultra-high vacuum, low temperatures, instrument control, monitoring, as well as all other needs where the SEGAINVEX services are required by the users.
– Coordination and management of research infrastructure common with other institutions of the Campus.
– Management of the resources allocated to SEGAINVEX.
– Development of the infrastructure and research policies of UAM within the SEGAINVEX.
– Communication with the vicerrectorate and authority responsible for managing on which the SEGAINVEX depends.
– Provide support for proposal writing for grants and projects in scientific infrastructures. Project supervision.
– Managing and approval of billing and purchasing service.
– Any other function (defined or to be defined) according to its position within SEGAINVEX.
– Advanced engineer Degree.
– Experience in the public tender system.
– Experience in computer aided design and simulation.
– Experience in project management.
– Experience in management of workplace hazards.
– Knowledge in informatics.