INC Young Researchers Prize in Materials Science 2014
Awarded to: Tomás Pérez Castañeda for his work “Two-Level Systems and Boson Peak Remain Stable in 110-Million-Year-Old Amber Glass” made in collaboration with the INC member Miguel Ángel Ramos, and published in Physical Review Letters 112, 165901 (2014).
Special mention to “Laura Sánchez García for her work “Blue SHG Enhancement by Silver Nanocubes Photochemically Prepared on a RbTiOPO4 Ferroelectric Crystal” made in collaboration with the INC member Luisa Bausá López.
To promote excellent work of the young scientists of the Nicolás Cabrera Institute (INC), by recognizing the main young author of one publication of the INC.
- Candidates should be Early Stage Researchers (up to 5 years after Master degree, or full time equivalent).
- The publication has to include at least one permanent member of the INC.
- Date of the publication has to be between 01 November 2013 and 01 November 2014.
- The publication will be presented in a talk or a poster in the Young researchers meeting 2014 of the INC.
- Published work of the candidate should include “Instituto Nicolás Cabrera” in the address or affiliation.
- Two different candidates cannot present the same publication.
Candidates should submit, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, before 1 November 2014:
- An application form available on the web of the INC (download here).
- One pdf file with the publication to be considered.
- One pdf file with the abstracts of all publications of the candidate, from 1 November 2012.
The first prize
- 500 €.
- A grant of up to 300 € to participate in an international conference of choice of the winner, during 2015.
- A certificate.
The second prize
- 100 €.
- A certificate.
The board of the INC will choose three senior scientists, experts in Materials Science.
Scientific excellence of the works, future potential of the candidates and opportunities for collaboration with industry or creation of spin-offs.