“Advances in nanostructured superconductors”
Advances in nanostructured superconductors: materials, properties and theory
“La Cristalera”, Miraflores de la Sierra, Madrid, 4-7 May (2014)
- S. Bending
- A.I. Buzdin
- I. Guillamón
- J.G. Rodrigo
- H. Suderow
- S. Vieira
COST ACTION MANAGEMENT & PROGRAM ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Local organizing Committee:
- Antón Fente
- Edwin Herrera
- Roberto F. Luccas
- Alexandre Correa
With the collaboration of:
Novel phenomena have recently been found in nanostructured superconductors. In some nanostructured systems, superconductors are combined with magnets, molecules or graphene. Results are likely to change our view of superconductivity and lead to unexpected applications. The aim of this workshop is to bring together international experts in nanostructured superconductors, with a particular focus on imaging techniques.
The workshop will be organized with 20+5 minutes invited talks. Further discussions will be organized around poster sessions.
15 March: Registration and abstract submission.
1 April: Notification of acceptance.
4 May: Venue.
The talks will cover:
- Vortices in nanostructured superconductors.
- Scanning probe imaging.
- Graphene and transition metal dichalcogenides.
- Multiband superconductivity.
- Iron pnictides and heavy fermions.
- Molecular compounds.
- Order-disorder transitions in the vortex lattice.
- Single layer and topological superconductors.
- Spin triplet superconducting correlations in Josephson junctions with noncollinear ferromagnets.
Preliminary list of INVITED SPEAKERS:
- F. Aliev (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain)
- Y. Anahory (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel)
- J. Annett (University of Bristol, UK)
- C. Ast (MPI Stuttgart, Germany)
- E. Babaev (KTH Stockholm, Sweden)
- S. Banerjee (IITK, India)
- S. Bending (University of Bath, UK)
- C. Berthod (Université de Genève, Switzerland)
- A. Buzdin (Université Bordeaux, France)
- L. Chirolli (ICMM-CSIC, Madrid, Spain)
- R. Córdoba (Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands)
- T. Cren (Institut de Nanosciences de Paris, France)
- A. Gómez (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain)
- I. Guillamón (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain)
- J.E. Hoffman (Harvard University, USA)
- D. Kölle (Universität Tübingen, Germany)
- W. Lang (University of Vienna, Austria)
- I. Maggio-Aprile (Université de Genève, Switzerland)
- A. Melnikov (IPM RAS, Russia)
- M. Milosevic (University of Antwerp, Belgium)
- E. Pinilla (ICMol, Universidad de Valencia, Spain)
- E. Prada (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain)
- T. Puig (ICMAB-CSIC, Spain)
- M. Ramallo (Universidad de Santiago, Spain)
- J.G. Rodrigo (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain)
- A. Silhanek (University of Liège, Belgium)
- P. Szabo (IEP SAS Kosice, Slovakia)
- F. Tafuri (Seconda Università di Napoli, Italy)
- J. Trastoy (CNRS/Thales, Paris, France)
- J. Van de Vondel (INPAC, K.U. Leuven, Belgium)
- M. Vélez (Universidad de Oviedo, Spain)
- V. Vinokur (ANL, Argonne, USA)
- F. Vidal (Universidad de Santiago, Spain)
- R. Wordenweber (Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany)
Registration and abstract submission closed.
Each participant has been individually informed about payment and reimbursement procedures by COST. In case of doubt, please contact the organizers by sending an email to inc(at)uam.es.
The size of the posters will be A0 (841 mm x 1189 mm).
The La Cristalera Residence of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, located in Miraflores de la Sierra (La Cristalera) a nice mountain resort 50 km out of the city of Madrid.
Arrival on Sunday, May 4:
Shuttle bus from Madrid-Barajas Airport to “La Cristalera” Residence (Miraflores de la Sierra) is scheduled on Sunday May 4. The bus will depart from the Coach docks of the terminal T4-Barajas Airport at 18:00. The docks are located in front of the arrival gates of the terminal just across the Arrivals Hall (“Vestíbulo llegadas” in spanish). Please click here to see a map.
Dinner at “La Cristalera” 20:00
Lectures start Monday 5.
Departure on Wednesday, May 7
Shuttle bus from “La Cristalera” Residence (Miraflores de la Sierra) to Madrid-Barajas Airport is scheduled on Wednesday May 7 after the closure of the workshop. We expect arrival of the bus at Barajas Airport before 17h00.
If needed, we can arrange accomodation for May 7 night (at extra cost). Please notify us.
Please find below some travel information to reach the forthcoming International Workshop which we hope will help you to plan your trip.
Arrival by plane:
You can reach Miraflores by taxi from the airport but this is an expensive choice (minimum 90.00 Euro, but please ask before for a price).
You can also take a taxi from the Airport to Plaza Castilla (approximate fare: 45.00 Euro) and then take a bus to Miraflores.
A good choice is taking Metro from Airport to Plaza Castilla and then a bus to Miraflores. At the airport, take Metro (underground), Line 8 (pink) to “Colombia” (3 stations). Transfer in Colombia to line 9 (purple) to “Plaza de Castilla” (3 stations). It should take about 25 minutes. You will find more info at the Metro webpage . In any case you can ask for a map of Metro for free when you buy a ticket.
Once you have reached Plaza Castilla there are a lot of bus stops between the two big inclined towers. Only one (725) goes to Miraflores de Sierra. Search number 725 (Madrid – Pza Castilla to Miraflores de la Sierra, Bustarviejo). Here you find a timetable of the bus 725 (top part from Monday to Friday and bottom part for Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays indicated in Spanish as “Lunes a Viernes Laborables” and “Sabados Laborables, Domingos y Festivos” respectively).
Taxi from Pza. Castilla to Miraflores costs minimum 60.00 Euro.
The trip to Miraflores de la Sierra takes approximately 60 minutes and departure is aprox. each 30 min from 6.45 a.m. till 23.15 p.m. Your stop is the next after “Soto del Real”.
Arrival by train:
Coming from the North, the train station is usually Chamartin. From Chamartin, you can take the Metro (line 10: dark blue) to Plaza de Castilla but it is only one station and it is also easy to walk from Chamartin to Pza Castilla. If you arrive at Atocha, you can take the Metro (line 1: light blue, 13 stations) to Plaza Castilla and follow the above mentioned instructions for the bus.
Arrival by car:
Take the big periferial highway M-40. If you come from the south, Portugal, or the Zaragoza Highways, take direction North (N-I). If you come from the Burgos Highway (N-I) take the direction M-607 Tres Cantos- Colmenar Viejo. Go out of the M-40 to the M-607 Highway towards Tres Cantos-Colmenar viejo. When the Highway ends (roughly 30 km) take the direction Miraflores. After 30 km you will reach the village. Once there, follow the signs towards La Cristalera, or Puerto de la Morcuera. One km outside the village you will find the entrance to the residence on your left (but watch out for it since sign is not a big one and may be missed).
How to reach La Cristalera Residence:
La Cristalera is located at the route from Miraflores to Puerto de la Morcuera, one kilometer distance outside Miraflores. Miraflores de la Sierra is a vacations resort located at the mountains in the North of Madrid. There is no bus service between Miraflores and La Cristalera. In case of emergency, you can phone to the Residence by phones indicated below.
In any case, PLEASE NOTIFY US ABOUT YOUR ARRIVAL DATE AND TIME. We will try to organize transportation from the bus stop to the Residence for you, so that you can reach the residence without too much walking.
Telephone numbers of the residence for international calls are:
(+34 91) 844 3920/ (+34 91) 844 3989. Mobile phone of responsible person is 629 06 48 67629 06 48 67 .
Also, please note that accomodation is in a shared double room (except invited speakers), so please do not forget to notify us your preferences to share the room. If you plan to come with somebody else who would NOT attend the conference, please notify us AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, as we would need to search for another accommodation for you.
Madrid Related Links
In the case that you want more information about Madrid, here are some related links that could be of interest for you: