INC Young Researchers Prize in Materials Science 2016
Awarded ex aequo to: Héctor Gonzalez Herrero for his work “Atomic-Scale control of graphene magnetism by using hydrogen atoms” made in collaboration with the INC members José María Rodriguez, Iván Brihuega and Felix Yndurain, and published in Science 352, 437, (2016), and to: Laura Rincón García for her work “Molecular design and control of fullerence-based bi-thermoelectric materials” made in collaboration with the INC members Nicolás Agräit and Gabino Rubio Bollinger, and published in Nature Materials 15, 289, (2016).
To promote excellent work of the young scientists of the Nicolás Cabrera Institute (INC), by recognizing two main young authors of one publication of the INC.
- Candidates should be Early Stage Researcers (up to 5 yers after Master degree, or full time equivalent).
- The publication has to incluede at least one permanent member of the INC, and “Instituto Nicolás Cabrera” in the adress or affiliation.
- Date of the publication has to be between 01 November 2015 and 01 November 2016.
- The publication wil be presented in a talk or a poster in the Young researchers meeting 2016 of the INC.
- Two different candidates cannot present the same publication.
Candidates should submit by email to email@example.com, before 1 Novembre 2016:
- Name, surname, ID number (NIF or NIE) present affiliation and collaborator(s) of the INC.
- One pdf file with the publication to be considered.
- One pdf file including the title, author list and affiliations of all publications of the candidate.
- 400 €
- A certificate.
- One grant, covering travel, accomodation and registration, to participate in an international conference of choice of the candidate, during 2017. The Director of the INC will write a letter to the organizers to recommend the candidate for an invited or plenary talk.
- 100 €
- A certificate
The board of the INC wil choose three senior scientists, experts in Materials Science.
Scientific excellence of the work, and scientific potential of the candidate.